Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Night


Well tonight is my last night.

I’ve certainly done some interesting things while here. Relaxed a bit too. Thought about stories and Margot and what the future will hold. Burned the living crap out of my chest today (as I forgot to put suntan lotion there.) Met a few people, even talked to a few. Ate a massive amount of food. Gained 20 pounds. Probably wrote between 15-20 pages a day, all told (blogs, my letters to Margot, story outlines and new novel writing.)

Coming back home, I have a lot to sort out. Physically. Emotionally. I need to get on cleaning the office so I can write again. I need to pick up the doggies. I need to resend more queries (0/6, unless there is something in the mail.) I probably need to throw away stuff in the fridge again.

I know I took a chance coming out here alone. I knew it would be hard.

Not sure I would do an all-inclusive if I had to choose all over again. It is a place for couples and groups. It is not set up for singletons. However, there was no way I could have gone to Europe, alone, that would have been far too hard. So, all things considered, it wasn’t the massive success it could have been (success defined as getting past the overwhelming sadness that lingers not far below the surface) but neither did I sit in my room and curl up into a ball. Not a massive failure either.

Likely when I get home, I’ll reconnect with all my friends, force them to tell me how wonderful my blog was and con at least one of them into seeing Avatar.

Life goes on. Tomorrow, I come home.

(goofy Joe picture - Mazatlan city tour, not far from the cliff divers, taken by a nice mexican couple.)

5 comments:

  1. Had a good cry for both of us tonight. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder Canada won tonight; they played like
    girls!

    We can hardly wait to see you, all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so going to steal that. Its on my FB status about 10 seconds from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late posting...we need to catch up soon too! Sean's busy doing yet another set of edits (hopefully the last) on his book. We got the first cheque in the mail today!!! Seen Avatar yet? We'd love to see it again if you haven't.

    Guess there's more of you to hug. Twenty pounds really?! Sean went away on a camping trip for 3 days a few years ago & came back about 7 lbs heavier.

    ReplyDelete