Friday, February 26, 2010

Evening of the 24th



Not sure about the morality of going for a ride today. Maybe when I get back, I can get my horse-loving friends to advise me. The horses on the beach looked ok to me but they had to stand in the very hot sun and then walk up and down the beach in the very hot sun . Catherine from Ontario came back and gave the horses an apple. How sweet was that? But are these horses being abused? I know Margot would have been very, very concerned. Should I have been?

A few random things. Looks like some terrorist was assassinated in Dubai. Read a funny comment on who might have done it. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is most like MI-6 dressed up as a duck.

Five things the new Joe Part 2 will not do.
1) I will not wear a big pirate earring. Saw a guy here with one, a big hooped silver one! Holy hell, even a good looking guy couldn't pull that off.
2) I will not have a soul patch, not now, not ever, even if I could grow a good one. Same guy with the hooped erring had one and I almost stopped him and thanked him for showing me what a complete moron looks like.
3) No cliff diving. I will never be that brave, drunk or stupid.
4) Will not drink before 9am (as it tends to fubar my whole day.)
5) Will never, ever wear a speedo no matter what shape I may eventually get into.


Everything had returned to normal today. No bed done up as a present, no activities on the beach, no massed waiter hordes, no 3 shrimp dishes. Also, no sign of my favourite waiter. Looks like he had the day off. No internet in the afternoon.

Good thing the sun was out.

Tomorrow, I’m off to do some zip lines. Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. I think your list of no-go's for Joe is a good one. Especially #2... As for the horsey ride- I lean towards abuse personally... As you say hot sun, hot sand, and what about water/rest breaks??? Maybe they are used to the climate though? I don't know. I'm happy you got the experience of riding though. Pip! for the experience,but no Pip! for the poor horse.

    ReplyDelete